Spread the word: after months of development the first stable version of the API Platform framework has finally been released!
API Platform is a next-generation PHP web framework designed to create API-first projects easily but without compromise in the field of extensibility and flexibility:
- Use our awesome code generator to bootstrap a fully-functional data model from Schema.org vocabularies with ORM mapping and validation (you can also do it manually)
- Expose in minutes an hypermedia REST API that works out of the box by reusing entity metadata (ORM mapping, validation and serialization) ; that embraces JSON-LD, Hydra and provides a ton of features (CRUD, validation and error handling, relation embedding, filters, ordering…)
- Enjoy the beautiful automatically generated API documentation (Swagger-like)
- Add easily JSON Web Token or OAuth authentication
- Create specs and tests with a developer friendly API context system on top of Behat
- Develop your website UI, webapp, mobile app or anything else you want using your preferred client-side technologies! Tested and approved with AngularJS (integration included), Ionic, React and native mobile apps
To follow up with good news, API Platform got a dedicated website and an updated documentation:
Last but not least, you can also build an API in any existing Symfony 2.7 project!
The era of new generation of web applications powered by standard, semantic and auto-discoverable is just beginning.
Another important news: the development of API Platform 2.0 has already begun. This new version will include even more awesome changes:
- Content negotiation support (already done)
- Move of the Property Info component under the umbrella of the Symfony project (in progress)
- The ADR pattern at the hearth of the API system (already done)
- Better extension system for the Doctrine bridge (already done)
- Extraction of most of the generic code from ApiBundle to a standalone PHP library, full decoupling of Symfony (in progress)
- Rewrite of the metadata and configuration system (in progress)
- Silex and Laravel support (todo)
Expect a release of the 2.0 version before the end of the year!
If you want to learn more about API Platform, come to my talks:
- tomorrow in London (Symfony Live unconference): Discover API Platform
- October 29-30 in San Francisco (Symfony Live): Leveraging a cloud computing infrastructure to build high performance Symfony webapps
- December 3 in Paris (Symfony Con): Building high profile webapps with Symfony and API Platform
(more dates to come)
The API Platform is a projet brought to you by Les-Tilleuls.coop.