Here the slide deck I presented during DevTalks Bucharest 2018.
It covers the main features of the API Platform framework: we will install the framework, design an API data model as a set of tiny plain old PHP classes and learn how to get:
- A fully featured dev environment with Symfony Flex and React containers, HTTP/2 and HTTPS support and a cache proxy
- Pagination, data validation, access control, relation embedding, filters and error handling
- Support for modern REST API formats: JSON-LD/Hydra, OpenAPI/Swagger, JSONAPI, HAL, JSON…
- GraphQL support
- An API responding in a just few milliseconds thanks to the builtin invalidation based cache mechanism
- A dynamically created Material Design admin interface (a la Sonata / EasyAdmin – but 100% client-side) built with React
- Client apps skeletons: React/Redux, React Native, Vue.js, Angular…
Finally, we’ll see ho to deploy the project in 1 command on Google Container Engine or any cloud with a Kubernetes.
This is an updated version of the talk I did during the SymfonyLive London 2017 conference, demonstrating the latest features of API Platform, and adapted to target a broader, non-Symfony/PHP audience.
1 thought on “API Platform: A Framework for API-driven Projects (DevTalks Bucharest)”
I’ve noticed Api Platform when i searched on web for a decent php rest framework works full stack. I take a quick look and its looks awesome! Thanks for good work! I will use it one of our company’s biggest project in next weeks. I would like to let you know about the results if you like to know in future! Cheers!